Monday, May 25, 2009

More Thoughts on the Fake Recovery

A recent post I published on both Credit Writedowns and Naked Capitalism, “Both initial claims and continuing claims now pointing to recovery,” has left the impression that I am a wild-eyed bull – for which I have been duly smacked about the head.

This is far from the case. A recent post by Nouriel Roubini to which Marshall Auerback alerted me is very much in line with my viewpoint.

I would like to share snippets of that post with you along with some quotes from my own past posts and updated commentary to clarify how I see the economy progressing.

But, I also want to reiterate the point of NOT viewing the economy only through the lens of recent events, and of taking a measured, objective view of data.

Roubini’s post has the delightfully long title, “Green shoots or yellow weeds? A trifecta of risks to the early bottoming out of the recession and short-term economic recovery and to the medium-term actual and potential growth prospects of the global economy.”

more in:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/139336-more-thoughts-on-the-fake-recovery